Wastewater Treatment Plants Comparison Information
ROTATING BIOLOGICAL CONTACTOR (RBC) or BioDisc® Wastewater Treatment Plants
RBC or BioDisc wastewater treatment plants in France usually have three treatment stages to the process. One chamber is called PST (primary settlement tank), the second one called the biozone, and the third stage is called FST (Final Settlement tank) The PST acts as a pre-treatment tank, the "biozone" holds the rotating treatment discs and the FST performs a final clarification. At first the sewage flows into the PST then through the biozone, and finally through the FST. The discs in the biozone turn slowly allowing aerobic bacteria to attach to them and grow. The constant rotating movement ensures that the media or discs go through a constant cycle of air contact and full submerging to pick up the liquids for digestion and this also allows an accurate transfer system within the wastewater treatment plant that equalises the outflow rate from the BioDisc wastewater treatment plant.
Service / Maintenance
- On smaller models (upto 35pe) check tension and condition of drive-belt annually.
- Annual sludge removal (limited amounts depending on unit size)
- On larger models, grease/oil shaft bearings and/or chain annually.
- On larger models, check and clean drive motor electrical contacts.
These BioDisc wastewater treatment plants in France have the following advantages:
- Low capital costs compared to treatment plants of similar performance.
- Low operating costs from under 50W to 370W power requirement over the range; substantially less than pump and blower alternatives.
- Low lifetime costs particularly the drive motor with a longer service life than the pumps and blowers fitted to air-blown wastewater treatment plants.
- Rotating Biological Contactor (RBC) technology with inherent cost and performance benefits.
- All units are delivered ready to install reducing site development costs.
- Units are potentially re-useable.
- Simple mechanical process ensuring low operating and maintenance costs.
- All units supplied with a linked Control Panel with single phase supply converted within the panel to 3-phase prior to connection to the drive motor for larger units.
- Proven 34 year plus track record for high quality performance, reliability and low maintenance (to see the history of Klargester see here (link to stolen page Klargester history.asp)
- Installation and commissioning available by Certified Installers.
- Planned service and maintenance programs are available upon request.
- A pumped outlet can be specified allowing installation of the wastewater treatment plant in the most restricted circumstances. (from 5m² for a complete compact wastewater treatment solution in France)
- Consistent treatment performance and effluent quality.
- Certified to European Standards EN 12566 – 3 with 95% pollution removal under varying loads and conditions.
- Patented Flow Management Process (KPFM) provides flow and biological balancing smoothing out biological load variations and flow peaks and troughs.
- Hydraulic separation using KPFM ensures all wastewater is fully treated without by-passing, a symptom often associated with wastewater treatment plants that rely on pumps or compressors.
- The process is self-establishing and does not require the addition of chemicals or cultures.
- KPFM allows for 6 hours of retention within the unit.
- Capability to adjust the waste water treatment plant performance in line with future changes to legislation.
- No process maintenance required.
- Sludge return pump option enhances performance and is configurable to help overcome seasonal variations.
- High effluent qualities for both domestic and commercial wastewater treatment systems in variable conditions.
- Installation minimizes visual impact.
- No odour and very minimal sound pollution.
The Rotating Biological Contactor type wastewater treatment plant, as perfected by suppliers Klargester in France, offers a premium and ecologically sound engineered solution to the modern families wastewater treatment needs. The mechanical components used are sourced on the basis of their quality to give years of trouble free service, backed in France by the five year parts and labour warranty. The tank and components also have a fifteen year warranty for your complete peace of mind and Klargester are proud of their 44 year heritage as suppliers of waste water treatment plants in France.
Click here to continue and read about airborne fixed culture or BioTec / AirFlow wastewater treatment plants, or skip straight to the summary on wastewater treatment plants here.